Sunday, December 30, 2007

2007

Wow. I'm finding it hard to believe that this year is almost over.

New Year's Eve 2006, the kids and I were at a friend's house. I was supposed to bring this guy that I had just started seeing but he backed out at the last minute. My girlfriend has a son the same age as my oldest daughter and they totally crush on each other. He had left with his daddy to go visit a neighbor's New Year's party and they said they'd be back by midnight..... but they weren't.

Picture this:
Its midnight. My girlfriend, my 5 year old daughter and I were all sitting on the couch watching the ball drop in New York City. On the TV were couples kissing, hugging, toasting and celebrating the New Year and there we were, watching from the couch. My 5 year old sighs heavily and announces,
"It sure would be nice if there were some kind of boys here."
Ha! That's how I rung in 2007. And that's pretty close to how I'll remember this year, actually.

I had a great year. Started a new job. Visited somewhere I've never been before (always something I try to do each year). This year it was Napa Valley. I also took the kids to visit a friend in Florida so my youngest daughter finally saw the ocean for the first time. Went to my high school reunion. Became reacquainted with my soldier after 20 years. Learned to love and forgive my father before he died. Became closer with my dad's wife. Started my own A Course In Miracles study group. Spent lots of quality time with my mom, sister, brother and my children. Started a blog. Made some new friends. Shared one of my favorite Christmas traditions with my kids. Ran my first race. Grew. A lot.

I'm not sure what's going to happen in 2008. I haven't made any resolutions or anything. I prefer to set intentions and be a little easier on myself.

I intend to:

Continue to support my soldier with care packages and emails and lots of love.

Push my fitness level further with my running and cycling. Do more races. Maybe do a duathlon? I'm being talked into a 150 mile/2 day bike ride. Not sure about that one yet.

Make the best of where my kids and I are now. I hope to continue to demonstrate to them to see the positive in situations.

Again, visit somewhere I've never been before.

Take my kids to my favorite place in the world - yay! (In June.)

Be patient with myself, my hopes and goals.

Learn to treat myself without or with less judgment.

Have more faith and trust. RELAX and try not to fight life.

I have learned from A Course in Miracles that it is better to choose the content of what you would like to happen in your life rather than the form. Once we focus on the form, we get so bogged down with exactly how its supposed to be that we don't notice the beauty in what is actually happening.

So ultimately my goal for 2008 is to have peace, love, joy, contentment and an abundance of all of those things.

What else could a girl wish for?

Happy New Year ya'll!

2 comments:

  1. I hope you are blessed with all the you wish and hope for this new year.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You have a lot to look forward to...and it sounds like you have come far. I love the "content over form" idea, too. Be strong, be kind to yourself and know you are doing the best you can -- and that is all anyone can ask.

    Happy New Year and Belated Bday! here's to 2008!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving me some comment love!