Saturday, December 29, 2007

Birthday was a blast!



I'm thinkin'... "Why don't I throw myself a party every year?"

The last time I had an actual birthday celebration was when I turned 21. And no one showed up.

Maybe that's why its been so long?

It was a great turn out despite all the last minute regrets with sinus infections. (There is something going around!)

The highlights:

My soldier called from Kuwait and we were both in good spirits. It was such a wonderful sound to hear his laughter over the phone. He leaves for Baghdad in 2 weeks.

My kids were able to be here. I wasn't sure if I wanted the ex around all night for the party but we do have lots of mutual friends who haven't seen him since we split. They all enjoyed seeing him and when the kids would come around, I'd say, "Go tell Daddy..." None of us got to bed until 1:00 a.m. and the girls still got up at 7:30! But the ex stayed over in the guest room, got up with the girls, took them to get donuts for breakfast and washed all the wine and martini glasses from last night. Too cool!

My mom and sister were there too!

Lots of old friends that I haven't seen in years!!!

Everyone brought lots of great food and wine. I didn't have to do a thing. Well, except clean house ALL DAY LONG.

Mom brought my favorite: Italian Cream Cake

The last minute idea of using "10" instead of my age for my birthday candles. My friends all said I was a perfect "10". Corny but cute!

All 80's music on my cd player!

Great party photos

Laughter... so much silliness!

Loads of kisses and hugs and good wishes! We should all get that every day!

It was a great day. It was weird not hearing my dad's voice at 6:00 a.m. singing Happy Birthday over the phone. But I did feel his spirit and love in every hug I received.

So much fun. And now we have my baby girl's 3 year old party next weekend.

I see mother-daughter lunches in our future where we both commiserate how no one remembers our birthdays....

1 comment:

Thank you for leaving me some comment love!