Sunday, December 9, 2007

Plans...

So, with that last post and my thoughts of not really wanting to go out and be with other people, I joined a girlfriend and went to an 'adult' Christmas party last night. I dressed "wild and hot" per the request of my girlfriend. At the party, there were many interesting people in all manner of dress. There was also a very hilarious adult gift exchange.

The energy in the room was fantastic! Within the first 20 minutes of being there, we had run into an acquaintance from the gym. I've met this guy many times and for some reason, he never remembers me. Suddenly, we're in conversation and my girlfriend starts to hint that I'm single and he's single... So I cut to the chase and asked him out. He said yes. Wow. Not bad for the first 1/2 hour.

Then this handsome male model lookalike (think Tyson Beckford) enters the room. Damn. The next thing I know he and I are in a fun conversation. My girlfriend joins us and we spend the next hour talking to him.

Then this group of young gay guys comes through. From across the room, they start flirting with us. We spend the rest of the party hanging with the crazy gay group or chatting with male model. Or both because they think our male model is hot too. And he doesn't mind. And they all think I'm 26. Woohoo!

What a blast. It was amazing how much fun we had. I haven't been to a party with such beautiful people (both inside and out) in so long. I wasn't expecting that at all.

Its funny because my whole adult life, I have felt that I have to control things and know what's going to happen next. But when I let it go, it is such an exquisite feeling. Like when I used to write lyrics and sing with a band. When we would work for days on a song, it was never anything special. But when, by sheer accident, the melody and lyrics would come together so effortlessly, that's when we knew we had a jewel.

I loved the movie, "Dan in Real Life". At the end of the movie, he says something about making life plans and that they never work the way you'd hoped. The last line of the movie (of course I'm paraphrasing) says,
"The only plan you should make in life, is the plan to be surprised."

Makes perfect sense. I just need to remember it.

1 comment:

  1. Sounds like you had a blast. Good for you. Keep up the positive attitude and life will play out the way it is supposed too.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving me some comment love!