Sunday, February 3, 2008

Breathe normal now

Yesterday morning, I woke up feeling pretty good but soon began to spiral worrying about my soldier again. After a comment from Lisa on my last post, I went to read more of her blog, Gorgeous for God. I read the preface from her book and it hit the mark! That little bird was me! I was still thrashing in a panic, sensing a threat that wasn't there! I kept that story with me as I met my mother and realtor to look at houses.

We were in and out of the car for about three hours and just happened to be in the car when my soldier called from Baghdad. YAY!!!!! I was so happy that I was shaking!!!

It turns out that he hasn't gotten many emails this week due to an Internet line that was cut in the Mediterranean. I had heard about this but the media reported that Iraq still had Internet access.

He hadn't gotten my email about the house selling and he was so excited for me. He was so sweet and loving and supportive - as always. *sigh* He's just the best thing...

So anyway, now my blog readers have a better idea of how I react in a crisis. I've been really holding my breath with no contact from him since earlier this week.

Thank God for my Course in Miracles book and all that I have to be thankful for. I think this was a lesson to me to continue listening to that voice inside me... always. I should listen in good times and bad. Because I'm sure if I do, I'll handle the rough stuff much better.

I have been taking lots of deep breaths today. Whew. I can breathe normal now...

Oh and my new favorite movie? (Speaking of handling crises well)
La Vita รจ bella

Also known as Life is Beautiful. What a wonderful film!!!

5 comments:

  1. Glad things are looking up. I didn't even think the internet was down eve though I heard it was down in India.

    ReplyDelete
  2. it was supposed to be even. Sometimes my B and N just don't work.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You don't have to explain yourself. I knew what you meant.
    ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yay! So glad to hear that (NOT that I was worrying, mind you!)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Life is Beautiful is a WONDERFUL movie. So glad to hear that you heard from your soldier! :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving me some comment love!