Saturday, February 9, 2008

Found a house!!

Again I am filled with gratitude with all that has occurred in the past few days:
  • While trying to find the perfect house, I was looking for a sign or something to tell me "this is the house for me." On Friday, I found one I just loved but continued looking at other homes. I couldn't stop thinking about it so we went back and looked at it a second time. As I noticed that the man of the house was a former Marine, I also noticed a figurine in his office that was the telltale sign - Captain America, my soldier's hero.
  • I put an offer on that house that night and found out today that we've agreed to terms. We'll be closing on the same date as my current home. I get to move in that day!
  • I have a friend that has offered to help me move - with their flatbed truck! I didn't even know they had one!
  • Another friend of mine and my sister have given me enough boxes that I won't need to purchase more.
  • My brother-in-law has pre-qualified me for a home loan which gives the sellers of my "new home" some peace of mind and trust in me as a buyer.
  • My ex has been here at the house for hours the past two days packing up the garage and is now offering for me to "take whatever I need" in the house. I felt so taken aback that I told him to take the big screen plasma TV (we don't watch much TV anyway). He is very happy. I'm still so amazed at how good he is to us.
  • My soldier just sent me a photo of him in full gear in Baghdad. The first time I've seen him since he's been there. Yay!
  • I've felt very overwhelmed with all of the decisions I've had to make lately. I was trying to decide what to do for accomodations during my 150 mile/2 day bike ride. I decided I didn't know what to do. Within a hour of my "non-decision", the captain of our bike team emailed me and said he was arranging for hotel rooms for all of us.

I am just riding this wave right now. It is simply too much for me to handle on my own so I'm relying on everything to fall as it should. As the Course says (and I'm paraphrasing): if you feel scared, it's a sure sign you're depending on your own strength instead of God's.

I'm doing a happy dance. And for some reason, I can find smiley's "doing it" but not "doing a happy dance." Weird.

2 comments:

  1. Congrats on all of your good fortune. It is always good when things fall into place.
    On a silly side note ever since John and I got together if I've had a hard time sleeping he will sing the Captain America song to me. I know silly but he is a sweetie and it does help me sleep sometimes.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving me some comment love!