Friday, February 1, 2008

Relax

I woke up this morning in a panic attack. It has been at least since October that I've had one. Not fun - can't breathe, can't sleep, can't calm down. I immediately began my deep yogic breathing and that helped... some.

Something was telling me to go get my ACIM (Course in Miracles) book and see where it would take me. I said a prayer and opened it. This is the first thing I saw:
"Take this from me and look upon it, judging it for me.
Let me not see it as a sign of sin and death, nor use it for destruction.
Teach me how NOT to make of it an OBSTACLE to peace,
but let You use it FOR me, to FACILITATE its coming."
Wow. So true and so helpful. I am judging EVERYTHING that is happening to me. And I am reacting to my own judgment. Perception teaches us that we know not what we see. Everyone's perception is different. All of it comes from the mind therefore, if I change my mind, I change my perception.

I began once again to think of all that I am thankful for:
  • I spoke with my brother-in-law yesterday, who is a mortgage broker, and he is going to pre-qualify me for a home loan. He also mentioned various programs that will help me with closing costs and down payment. He wants to make it as easy as possible for me.
  • I received an email today from the realtor I am using. She is very familiar with my situation and said, "I'm excited to go out and look for you...a fresh start for you, and I want to make sure that I find you something very special!" So kind of her!
  • I mentioned to my boss yesterday that my house sold and I was nervous about what I could afford. He offered me a raise right on the spot!
  • My little one had a gymnastics program at school today, right when I was supposed to be in a meeting. I was sad I would miss it. When I got to work, I was asked if we could move the meeting to this afternoon. So I was able to go watch the program after all! Yay! She was so happy to see me!
  • A good friend was available for a much-needed pep talk this morning. She pointed out to me that it was because of my attitude that my husband and I have such a healthy relationship. Divorce can be so ugly. The fact that he wants to continue to help me and be a supportive friend to me speaks volumes.
Forgiveness creates miracles. This is what ACIM is all about. I know it for fact. I've seen it work. It has changed my mind, my attitude and my life!!

I will continue to send love into my world and into the hearts of all whom I come in contact with. I will use whatever I perceive in my life not as an obstacle to the peace I desire but to facilitate its coming. I am truly blessed! This is WHO I AM.

My note from the universe for today:
Never underestimate human spirit, T.
Especially not your own.
It comes from the finest stock, if I do say so myself.

Be the ball,
The Universe

P.S. I just can't tell you how pleased we are with your new approach to life! You should have been T a long, long, long time ago.

3 comments:

  1. When John and I bought our house we went through the Fanie May program and the closing cost were provided for us as well as our down payment. We got a Fixed rate mortgage and the rest is history. There are a lot of programs out there that will help you.
    Don't get wrapped up in the anxiety which I know you got passed it.
    When you look at what you wrote you can see all that was provided. A raise, the opportunity to see your daughter perform, a mortgage broker and relator all there to help.
    It seems like you have a great team backing you.
    Keep moving forward and you will do just fine.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Another great blog. I love your gratitude lists.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love all your "thank-fuls." Looks like your positive attitude has already created a lot of great situations for you. :) Love ya!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving me some comment love!