Friday, May 9, 2008

Happy Mother's Day


The ex picked up the kids from school yesterday. He usually takes them out to dinner and to the mall or park about once a week. I took the opportunity to get out on the bike again. It feels enjoyable and fun to me now that I don't have 160 miles looming ahead of me...

When the ex came by the house with the kids, they brought me this beautiful bouquet of flowers. Wow. I can't remember getting flowers (unless I've bought them for myself) in quite some time. I was sort of taken aback when my older daughter said it was her dad's idea to buy me flowers. Ok... I'm not sure if I should be saying, "Aww! How thoughtful of him!" or "What is he thinking?"

Eh, anyway, they are beautiful in my house. My messy house. But I'll get to cleaning again this weekend. I'm actually looking forward to getting stuff done around the house and having the time to do it!!! I'm having a housewarming party over Memorial Day weekend. I can't wait.

Later while the girls were in the bath, my little one kept screaming (as 3 year olds often do). I knew it was the older one hogging all the room in the tub. I went in, frustrated, and began washing them. All the while, I'm saying (in my frazzled-Mommy-voice), "Why do you scream? Can't you just use your words? And you! Why do you hog the bathtub? Man, you guys irk my last nerve sometimes!"

My older daughter chimed in, "Mommy, you must have lots of nerves because you ALWAYS say we're on your last one."

I couldn't help but laugh. We all did.

So, Happy Mother's Day to all of my mom friends out there in the blogosphere. Enjoy this time with the kids. You never know what each day will bring and what tiny nugget of wisdom will be dropped from their little rosebud lips. Love every second!

1 comment:

  1. Happy Mother's Day...and enjoy the flowers, regardless of who gave them to you (and that was truly nice of him). You deserve them!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving me some comment love!