Saturday, May 24, 2008

On kissing

If a kiss is the Language of Love, then we have a lot to talk about...

"The decision to kiss for the first time is the most crucial in any love story. It changes the relationship of two people much more strongly than even the final surrender; because this kiss already has within it that surrender."
~ Emil Ludwig

Types of Kisses:
+kiss on the cheek-----------------"we're friends"
+kiss on the ear--------------------"i'm horny"
+kiss on the hand------------------"i adore you"
+kiss on the neck-------------------"we belong together"
+kiss on the shoulder--------------"i want you now"
+kiss on the head--------------------"we are best buddies"
+kiss on the lips---------------------"i love you" or "i want you"
+holding hands-----------------------"we can learn to love each other"
+a wink---------------------------------"Let's get it on"
+linking arms---------------------------"i want to feel you next to me"
+slap on the butt---------------------"thats mine"
+playing with the ear----------------"i can't live without you"
+holding on tight---------------------"don't let go"
+looking into each other's eyes---"let's get romantic"
+playing with hair on head---------------"tell me you love me"
+arms around the waist-----------"i love you too much to let go"
+laughing while kissing-----------"i am completely comfortable with you"

Some men know that a light touch of the tongue, running from a woman's toes to her ears, lingering in the softest way possible in various places in between, given often enough and sincerely enough, would add immeasurably to world peace. ~Marianne Williamson
The first time my soldier and I kissed, I instigated it. He was ticked!



I am a woman who, when I see something I want, I go for it. We were getting back in the car after dinner on our first date. I was telling him how nervous I had been about the evening. He opened the passenger door to his vehicle and pointed to the back seat, "See all of those shirts hanging there? I tried every one of them on tonight before I came to your house. I wondered which one you would like best. I was a nervous wreck too!"

I couldn't resist him anymore. I grabbed his face and kissed him.



He was stunned and didn't tell me he was not happy about it until later. He said, "That wasn't how I envisioned our first kiss going down. I wasn't prepared and I was chewing gum... " (Remember, he had been fantasizing about it for 22 years.)



The next time we were together, I had to walk next door to drop my children off with a neighbor. As I walked back into my house, he took my hands and began to slow dance with me in the middle of my living room. Just as I grew comfortable in his arms, he looked down at me, took my face in both of his hands and kissed me so hard that I lost my balance. My leg even lifted, like you see in old movies! Wow! That has never happened.



As I tried to steady myself, he said, "That is how I imagined our first kiss."



Forget it, after that, I was hooked.

...then I did the simplest thing in the world.
I leaned down... and kissed him.
And the world cracked open.
~ Agnes de Mille

1 comment:

  1. T, I know what you mean. I am a big believer that kissing is the most wonderful, intimate and powerful act two people can engage in. Kissing is an art form, as they say!

    As my first date with Coach was ending he told me he wanted to see me again; I said I'd like that very much. He kissed me and, wow, let me tell you it was one helluva kiss! Of course, there we were in a car making out in front of his office building after a lunch date - definitely not something either of us really expected. The whole idea made me giggle and stop in the middle, but I got over it. :)

    He told me later he didn't even think I'd kiss him back and he didn't mean for it to be "that kind of kiss". I'm glad it was. It had us both smiling for a long time, and no matter what has happened since, it still makes me smile.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving me some comment love!