Friday, September 19, 2008

Happy Birthday Rose! - Updated

To my sweet Rose,

Knowing you
has brought to me
the realization of fragility
Like a bud
not yet in bloom
the innocence of humanity

Thank you for being the big-hearted little girl that you are.

Thank you for noticing when I am overwhelmed and for stepping up to be my little helper.

Thank you for being good in school despite the fact that I don't get the chance to sit with you and help you learn.

Your smile glows
and twinkles in your eyes
I love how you lose control
when you laugh
Giggles like ripples
through your small body
I wish I could freeze time
like a photograph

Thank you for your calm demeanor when both your sister and I are losing our minds.

Thank you for your absolute honesty, even in situations that I would least expect it.

Thank you for always being supportive of me, especially the day your daddy moved out, but also every day before and since then.

Still so young
but soaking it all in
Every day an experience brand new
My eyes see
unbelievably
mostly nonsense in the things that we do

Thank you for your beautiful singing voice and sassy attitude.

Thank you for the dimpled smile you throw my direction when you realize I'm not falling for the sassy attitude.

Thank you for your patience... with your sister and with me.

So who's the teacher
and who is the student
Its your wisdom we all should follow
Every day a blessing
My life is fulfilled
I can't wait for our lesson tomorrow.**


Thank you for your wisdom. I am still learning from you.

I love you my bunny,
Mommy

**written by T, Spring 2002, Rose was 6 months old


Update: Can I just say AWWWW?!? My soldier called to wish her a happy birthday too. He figured out the time difference wrong and missed her. He was trying to convince me to drive to her school and take the phone so that he can say hello. What a man!

4 comments:

  1. T - love those poems! So heartfelt and melodic. You are a gifted writer.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is a lovely post T!!! LOVELY!

    Hope you guys have had a lovely day!

    And how SWEET is Mr Soldier!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy Birthday to your darling Rose...and to her dear Mother as well.

    Be well, T.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy Birthday sweetie.......I'm so glad you had such a great day and that you got a great phone call too!!!!!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving me some comment love!