Saturday, September 6, 2008

Taking Chances

A year ago tonight was my first date with my soldier. Maybe that's why I've felt compelled to tell our story lately. It still such an amazing story to me that I sometimes wonder if I really lived it or just made it up. Life... sometimes you just can't predict it.

This song is on the latest Sexy Soldier mix cd that I sent him back in late July. He said he loved every song on the cd which is rare for him! (Yay!)

Every time I hear this song, I'm reminded of our first date and all the feelings from that night. It was such a leap-and-the-net-will-appear night for me.

Enjoy the song and lyrics.


Taking Chances - Celine Dion

Don't know much about your life.
Don't know much about your world, but
Don't want to be alone tonight,
On this planet they call earth.

You don't know about my past, and
I don't have a future figured out.
And maybe this is going too fast.
And maybe it's not meant to last,

But what do you say to taking chances,
What do you say to jumping off the edge?
Never knowing if there's solid ground below
Or hand to hold, or hell to pay,
What do you say,
What do you say?

I just want to start again,
And maybe you could show me how to try,
And maybe you could take me in,
Somewhere underneath your skin?

What do you say to taking chances,
What do you say to jumping off the edge?

Never knowing if there's solid ground below
Or hand to hold, or hell to pay,
What do you say,
What do you say?

And I had my heart beaten down,
But I always come back for more, yeah.
There’s nothing like love to pull you up,
When you’re laying down on the floor there.
So talk to me, talk to me,
Like lovers do.
Yeah walk with me, walk with me,
Like lovers do,
Like lovers do.

What do you say to taking chances,
What do you say to jumping off the edge?
Never knowing if there's solid ground below
Or hand to hold, or hell to pay,
What do you say,
What do you say?

Don’t know much about your life
And I don’t know much about your world.

5 comments:

  1. As you know, I am all about taking chances - and adore that song.

    It is interesting to see the different chances that people take.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think that song is awesome and a perfect fit for ya'll story.

    *hugs*

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is probably the only Celine song I like!!!

    Its beautiful!

    And there is nothing better than taking a leap of faith and free falling to wherever it may go!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great song. Now I wish that I (Insane Mama & I) had a song.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving me some comment love!