- Remember Gia, the stripper that I bonded with on that evening out with Soldier? I gave her my email address that night so that we could stay in touch. Soldier told me later, "She's never going to call you. They always say they'll call or email but they never do." Well, guess what? She emailed me and we're making plans to get together.
So stick that in your pipe and smoke it, Soldier Boy.
- I have a new friend with benefits. He's a really sweet guy who also happens to be a single dad. His daughter is Rose's new best pal at school. He's deserving of a blog post of his own so we'll have to cover that another day. In the meantime, his gentle touch is extremely healing to me.
- I met another single mom today in yoga class. This was the very first time she's taken yoga EVER and she's hooked. I'm not even sure why we started talking but somehow I knew she was a single mom too. Maybe its that exhausted look or the fact that we both agreed that just remembering to breathe seems like a blessing! She's fresh out of her divorce, still feeling raw and lonely. We've also exchanged contact info and hopefully will get together soon. She has a 4 year old daughter.
- I can barely concentrate at work because I need sex so badly. And I've even had sex recently!! I commented on another blog that it feels like Soldier promised me warm, rich, moist chocolate cake for a year and then showed up with vanilla ice cream. I mean, I like vanilla ice cream but when your mind's set on chocolate cake....
I'm still waiting for my CHOCOLATE CAKE DAMMIT! I can have other desserts. I enjoy them but I can resist them. If you put chocolate cake in front of me, just give me a fork and get out of the way. And I mean that in every way possible. I need a fork. A good fork. Oh and definitely chocolate cake. Warm and Moist. *sigh*
- I heard this song today and it made me happy. I couldn't even get out of the car til it was over. I don't even know what it is about this song that makes me happy. But I was singing it the rest of the day with a smile on my face.
- I'm going on a trip to see some of my bloggy friends for New Years!! I can't wait! My birthday is the end of December so its a great birthday present for me. The ex even gave me his frequent flier miles and booked the plane ticket for me. Is he the best ex ever or what?!?!
- I found out yesterday that another online friend/acquaintance is in the middle of a divorce. Her daughters are the same ages as mine and she lives locally. I'm hoping she and I can finally meet this weekend too. Hopefully we'll be able to get together more.
Wow... I have lots of new friends in my life. And wonderful single parents to go through this journey with.
Isn't it great that we have each other?