Wednesday, December 24, 2008

Music to make you Christmas-ey

I can't let Christmas get past me without sharing my favorite Christmas songs. Wow... there are too many to mention.... starting from childhood!!

I don't have favorite version of the song, Mary Did You Know, but it brings tears to my eyes every time. Especially the line,

"When you kiss your little baby, you kiss the face of God."


I can't even type that without getting teary. Whew!

I also own a Christmas cd by Burl Ives. The ex still picks on me about that one. Hey! He sang and narrated Rudolph the Red Nosed Reindeer!!! I remember when I bought it, the ex said,

"Now at the Burl Ives factory, they're having to ramp up to make the next cd. You've bought the only one they made!"

Here are some other favorites, starting from the ones I grew up with.

Bing is so dreamy... I mean, really.



Elvis was a family tradition.




One of my absolute faves. I adore Bowie and you place him with Bing?! Forget it, I'm mush! This is the best duet ever.



John Lennon moves me in so many ways. I wish war was over, John.



This was HUGE when I was 15/16. So many of my favorites were involved with this song. God bless Bob Geldof.



When Jewel hits the high notes, oh my... Her voice is so pure. I have a video of my Rose by the Christmas tree as an infant with this song playing in the background. Whew...more tears.



I prefer Harry Connick, Jr's version of this, but you can't go wrong with Josh Groban. This is one of my favorite Christmas songs of all time.



And Harry... *dreamy sigh* I love me some Harry...



Another great one! U2 is the best!! And Bono rocks my socks!!



And for fun... Classic scene from one of my favorite Christmas movies.



What makes you feel all Christmas-ey? Music? Movies? Food?

Seasons Greetings! Happy Hanukkah! Happy Kwanzaa! Happy Holidays!

Merry Christmas ya'll.

8 comments:

  1. Such good songs! I feel the most Christmasy at night, in the silence, looking at the glow of the Christmas lights and just feeling the wonder of the season. Merry Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  2. such an eclectic mix of Christmas music some great favourites in there,anyway miss T have a fantastic Christmas and a happy and safe new year, I hope the new year brings you everything you deserve Its Christmas day down under all ready 30 degrees to day

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well I like Elvis!!!

    hehe
    thats about the only one who floats my boat outta the list!!

    Have fun day tomorrow!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Awwww you have two of my favorites in there. First, John Lennon. What an amazing man. And U2, Baby, Please Come Home.

    Sugar, I hope your Christmas is as beautiful as you are. I hope God's blessings continue to rain down on you, so you can continue to be a shining light of His grace and love. I am in awe of the woman you are.

    With love,
    ~vk~

    ReplyDelete
  5. Stop stop stop.....kitchen, bring food.


    always makes me laugh. Thanks.

    JIm

    ReplyDelete
  6. Merry, Merry Christmas to you, T!

    Be well.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Merry Christmas, T! Hope you have a great day.

    I have to admit, I loves me some Burl Ives as well. I have that CD, plus a Bing Crosby one. There's just something timeless and classic about these men. Cheers!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Ok I only listened to the Jewel one cos I LOVE her! Its AMAZING!!!

    Will come back once kiddies are down and listen to the rest!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving me some comment love!