- You will receive a body. You may like it or hate it, but it will be yours for the entire period this time around.
- You will learn lessons. You are enrolled in a full-time, informal school called "life". Each day in this school you will have the opportunity to learn lessons. You may like the lessons or think them irrelevant and stupid.
- There are no mistakes, only lessons. Growth is a process of trial and error, experimentation. The "failed" experiments are as much a part of the process as the experiment that "works".
- A lesson is repeated until it is learned. A lesson will be presented to you in various forms until you have learned it. Then you can go on to the next lesson.
- Learning lessons does not end. There is no part of life that does not contain its lessons. If you are alive, there are lessons to be learned.
- "There" is not better than "here". When your "there" has become a "here", you will simply obtain another "there" that again, looks better than "here".
- Others are merely mirrors of you. You cannot love or hate something about another person unless it reflects something you love or hate about yourself.
- What you make of your life is up to you. You have all the tools and resources you need; what you do with them is up to you. The choice is yours.
- The answers lie inside you. The answers to life's questions lie inside you. All you need to do is look, listen and trust.
(One of the ACIM students in my study group gave this to me tonight. I thought my blog readers would enjoy it as I did. I am especially fond of #7. This is lesson that is playing over and over in my life right now.)