Meanwhile, I have 48 days until my divorce is final.
I have already had a bad experience with a divorce lawyer who was completely non-responsive to me and still charged me for her time anyway. (I have since changed lawyers.)
Now watching my friend go through this experience has brought to mind all the pain and disappointment that I felt in my marriage. I also remember the pain and disappointment of watching my mom go through this.
Why is this so difficult for me to let go of after all this time? Is it just going to keep coming up in my life until I can see it differently?
I keep wondering why I continue to see drama in my life. Is there something in my mind that says, "Going through this divorce process isn't going to be easy" or is it that I'm making it into a drama when it doesn't have to be?
The ex and I still have to sit down and go through the paperwork that will be filed in mid-June. We haven't talked about the details yet. Yes, I'm nervous about it. I hope that we can continue to be agreeable adults who seemingly wish the best for each other. I say 'seemingly' because well, it is hard to tell sometimes if there are ulterior motives... from me or him!
- My current divorce lawyer is very kind and willing to represent me for free. (Wow.)
- The ex really is good to me. He does want to be a good father to my kids and frankly, he was a good husband to me. I just rarely gave him credit for it. I think I'll start now with giving him credit for being a good friend.
- I am 3 years past what my girlfriend is going through. Because I know how she feels, I can offer her what I learned in the process....and be thankful that I am 3 years past it.
- I am truly happy to see how far I've come since then. Happy, amazed and blessed!
- I feel that my children have handled this process well too. They were in my life for a reason and I in theirs. My older daughter was relaying a time line of her life the other day. I was afraid she'd mention her dad and I splitting but she didn't. She went right from her younger sister being born to us moving into our new home.
**Another Fucking Growth Opportunity