Tuesday, January 27, 2009

She is definitely my child

I found this in Rose's school backpack the other day.



I have a wonderful "me" vacation that I'm planning this year and when I mentioned it to my girls, they were upset that they are not going too.

"How about this," I offered them, "I can't afford to take you with me this year but maybe next year we can go to either DisneyWorld or... we could go to Mexico again."

Rose's response?

"MEXICO!!! Mexico would be sooooo much more relaxing."


---

Because kids say the darnedest things, and because this totally cracked me up, tell me something that a child in your life said or did that made you laugh or made you realize that the apple doesn't fall far from the tree.

Your turn. Go.

7 comments:

  1. Just the other night I took my 11 and 3 year old out to dinner while the older girls were at their sports practices. At one point my 3yr. old spotted some ice cream on her sister's chin, and I could just watch her mind work while she looked for a napkin, picked it up and proceeded to wipe her big sister's chin. It was way too cute. My little one often says things that are pretty darn cute and well beyond her years when she's expressing the attitude and words of her teenage sisters.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This might not be exactly what you are looking for, but one of the most often repeated stepdaughter phrases is "Jersey Window's butthole looks like it's trying to kiss me!"

    Jersey Window being the perfectly named six pound Maltese with a short haircut to prevent yuckbutt.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Whoa, T, I JUST hit "publish" on my post tonight... which answers your question. We're on that wavelength again.

    http://singlemomseeking.com/blog/2009/01/28/i-emailed-her-father/

    I want to come to Mexico with my girl, too... I LOVE that drawing!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I was seriously worried what that picture was going to be when I read your title.

    But COOL.

    Max is getting cheekier, like yesterday morning I told him I was off for a shower and he said "Good, because you smell Daddy."

    At least I hope it is cheek, rather than just observation.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Years ago my daughter commented during a lovely condom commercial on the radio, "I thought that was like ketchup and mustard."

    "No honey, that's condiment."

    ReplyDelete
  6. You are doing a great job with your daughters as is reflected in Rose's response.Children are so wise when we allow them to be. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  7. This weekend my 6-year-old son saw my name spelled somewhere. He said, "Dad, I thought it was S-c-o-o-t." I was sad to have to correct him; I love when he spells my name Scoot. Ah, well... now I'm Scott instead of Scoot. *sigh*

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving me some comment love!