Sunday, February 8, 2009

This is what it would take



Hope only goes so far...this is what it would take.




Whatever It Takes - Lifehouse

A strangled smile fell from your face
It kills me that I hurt you this way
The worst part is that I didn't even know
Now there's a million reasons for you to go
But if you can find a reason to stay

I'll do whatever it takes
To turn this around
I know what's at stake
I know that I've let you down
And if you give me a chance
Believe that I can change
I'll keep us together whatever it takes

She said "If we're gonna make this work
You gotta let me inside even though it hurts
Don't hide the broken parts that I need to see"
She said "Like it or not it's the way it's gotta be
You gotta love yourself if you can ever love me"

I'll do whatever it takes
To turn this around
I know what's at stake
I know that I've let you down
And if you give me a chance
And give me a break
I'll keep us together, I know you deserve much better

But remember the time I told you the way that I felt
That I'd be lost without you and never find myself
Let's hold onto each other above everything else
Start over, start over

I'll do whatever it takes
To turn this around
I know what's at stake
I know I've let you down
And if you give me a chance
And believe that I can change
I'll keep us together whatever it takes

9 comments:

  1. Always been a Lifehouse fan...thanks for the you tube link, haven't seen that yet

    Failed bike jump gif

    and

    A pool trick shot gif

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah, this confirms it. I'm so cynical. I don't believe most of us change, not without a lot of fight & time & blood & sweat & years. I don't see many 5 or 6 month changers. ~Mary

    ReplyDelete
  3. Just dropped by to say hello.

    Enjoy the post and video - thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love Lifehouse...thanks for sharing this one!

    ReplyDelete
  5. LOVE Lifehouse! Love this song. Thanks for sharing! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. LOVE Lifehouse! So many of their songs I can identify with. "Blind" is the one that hooked me. Song lyrics are so great, especially in matters of the heart.

    ReplyDelete
  7. You do have to love yourself before you ever know love.

    Forget the 'you' impersonal pronoun. I need to love MYSELF before I can ever know love. That is a work in progress, but I am doing good. You and your words are a huge help there for self-reflection and fostering self-love.

    Be well, T.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great song, thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving me some comment love!