Wednesday, April 15, 2009

Well, hello there!

For new readers, allow me to introduce myself.

My friends call me T.

I have kept journals and/or diaries since I was 7 years old. I've also written poems, song lyrics and fiction stories to keep the words flowing.

I met my ex-husband when I was 19 years old and fell in love pretty much at first sight. After a few struggles, we had 2 amazing little girls. Shortly thereafter, we stopped connecting. Stopped working things out. Decided to move on...

I have been a single mother since the ex and I separated amicably in March 2006. After a few years of living in financial limbo, we finally filed and completed our divorce in June 2008. We continue to have a great co-parenting relationship and friendship.

In August 2007, I reconnected with an old high school friend after our 20 year reunion and we went on our first date. He is a career Army man and was deploying to Iraq for 15 months. We fell for each other and he deployed.

The deployment was difficult, for obvious reasons, but the not-so-obvious reason is why I began this blog. I didn't feel supported in my decision to wait for the return of Soldier from war. Thus I needed a place to vent, cry, brag and finally mourn as he returned from Iraq suffering post-traumatic-stress-disorder. We were no longer healthy for each other and I finally broke off contact with him in March 2009.



I lean on my faith and spirituality heavily in times of need. I study and facilitate a study group on the spiritual text A Course in Miracles. These and other spiritual lessons lead me to write posts like this one and this one and this one.

I have learned much about myself sexually as well. I continue to push my boundaries and enjoy exploring the depths of sex and intimacy. This exploration leads to posts like this one and this one and this one.

I am also in training for my first sprint triathlon. Being athletic is a new venture for me. I document my progress on the blog as well, hoping to inspire others to try something they've never tried before. You can follow my progress here and here.



I am moving forward, dating again and very aware of lessons to be learned in these relationships in my life.

My daughters are the greatest blessing and they save my life over and over again. Occasionally, I blog about the silly things they do and how they brighten my life.

But mostly, this blog is a quest to find out Who I Really Am amongst the chaos/order and drama/perfection of being a single mom.

I am wordy, introspective, in-your-face, a little crazy, moody, painfully honest, weak, strong, positive, negative and everything in between.




**************************
Updated: September 25, 2009



After writing this, I finally got past my funk and declared myself happily single. Then I was suddenly and unexpectedly connecting with yet another high school classmate, thanks to Facebook.

I've nicknamed him Gentleman Jack after a particularly interesting phone conversation we had. He has been a wonderful surprise in my life. He is a single parent to two sons and a true Southern gentleman. He's charming, sweet, loving, and I get a little mushy sometimes when I write about him.

There is one catch though.

Isn't there always?

He lives 3 1/2 hours away.

The good news is that he lives in the Louisiana town where I grew up. I still have some family there so now I'm suddenly driving back to visit more.

I did go on to complete in 3 triathlons over the course of the summer. First an indoor triathlon, then an all women's triathlon and finally the big one in Gentleman Jack's town.

I plan on continuing to challenge myself, not only athletically, but spiritually as well.

Welcome to my life.

The story keeps getting more and more interesting... 


Well, to me at least.


**************************

My links:
Facebook
Twitter

Featured series of blog posts about me on SinceMyDivorce.com:

Part 1: Divorce isn't a failure
Part 2: Discovering your spirituality after divorce
Part 3: Learning to forgive after divorce
Part 4: Seeing your ex blossom after divorce
Part 5: Kids handle divorce the way you do
Part 6: Introducing your kids to your boyfriend after divorce
Part 7: Being who you are after divorce
Part 8: Discovering your sexuality after divorce

13 comments:

  1. You just found yourself a new follower. Can't wait to read your back stories :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. You were scaring me there for a sec T. I had this feeling you were closing down the blog. Congrats on being chosen.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congrats on the mention! I'd say this introduction is spot on T.

    And yes, when I hit the beach in Mexico you are more than welcome to join me! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great intro T. You're one of my favorite bloggers, and a daily read. Love your spiritual exploration. Oh, and the sexy stuff too.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for sharing the wonder that is you!

    ReplyDelete
  6. The way things started I thought you were not going to blog anymore. I was going to be very disappointed.
    Congrats on your new status.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Big fan of your blog, and really admire your openess in sharing your journey. I hope you know you help many people. But that first photo of you haunts me. Your eyes are very, very sad. Was there something going on?

    ReplyDelete
  8. The first photo looks sad?

    No, I was out with some other single parents and my friend Gem took the picture. She was being silly and I said, "Are you sure you're pressing the right button on the camera?" right when she took the picture. Its actually more of an exasperated look than sad. But good to know. Maybe I'll see if I can get a better one!

    ReplyDelete
  9. you are too cute. I wish we lived close to meet up for coffee!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hey, T!

    I have just began reading your blog and I am already addicted! ahaa!

    Nice reading your blog,

    Louna =D

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving me some comment love!