“The Honest Scrap award is given by other bloggers who consider a blog’s content or design to be brilliant. The awardee must then post ten honest things about themselves and pass the award on to other bloggers who fit the bill – in other words, whose blog is brilliant.”
Wow. I was tagged by both Canadian Bald Guy and Modern Married Momma for this meme. Sorry for the delay in getting this done.
I'm not going to tag anyone, mostly because I think this meme has made the rounds already. Still, if you wanna run with it, go for it! And let me know if you do!
- I was once a cheerleader. It was one of the worst experiences of my life. I tried out at the end of 7th grade and was chosen as an alternate. Then during the summer, and before cheerleader camp, I got a boy haircut (not sure why) and glasses. Big ugly tortoise shell glasses.
While at cheerleader camp that summer, the 6 other cheerleaders bullied and teased me. I ended up quitting cheerleading the day of our first pep rally. (That'll teach 'em.)
Meanwhile, the photo that was taken of me at camp? My family still teases me about it. It is truly the worst picture ever taken of me.
- I like balance. This is another reason I do yoga. I like balance so much that even if I'm not in the exact middle of my yoga mat, I feel off. I like balance so much that I cannot stand to eat at a table where there is a bench/booth on one side and chairs on the other. Being off balance - stresses me out.
- I love this video. Thanks Morgan!
- When I get sad, I love to sing. This song in particular always makes me smile. Maybe because it is me singing and I remember how, when I would perform this song, I would feel like I was flying. (Click on the link to hear the full song.)
- I hate shopping. I actually don't mind it for about an hour. Then I begin to feel lightheaded and dizzy and I just need to get out of there! I can't explain it. Maybe that is why I've never been able to work in retail.
- It is my dream to skinny dip in the Mediterranean. I love Mediterranean food, the people, the languages, the beauty... Perhaps it goes back to my Sicilian roots that I appreciate so much about that area of the world. But really now, doesn't this make YOU want to get naked?
- I cut my hair short about every 10 years. This is never intentional timing; I've just noticed a pattern. My hair is generally shoulder length to the middle of my back. However, because of the thickness, I get tired of it and cut it all off. I did it in 1986, 1996, and again in 2006. (And we already talked about the boy haircut from when I was 12.)
- I love to camp. Perhaps that goes back to my Native American roots. I grew up camping with my parents in Arkansas. Give me a tent, sleeping bag, campfire and fishing pole and I am set. Oh and I still climb trees too.
- I am a fairly low maintenance girl. Mindy's meme mentioned that she has to have her toe nails painted all the time. Not me. I wear very little makeup and no polish. I prefer going as natural as possible. Then again, I also love wearing dresses and high heels. I guess I'm a little granola mixed with a Cosmopolitan martini.
- I believe in ghosts. My whole family does. We could tell you story after story. I also believe in reincarnation, fairies and dreams that come true.
Yeah, I like believing that anything is possible.
"It's the possibility of having a dream come true that makes life interesting..."
~The Alchemist, Paulo Coelho