Thursday, September 24, 2009

A little sunshine cleaning

Tonight I have the house to myself. I finally convinced the ex, on the one night per week that he has the kids, to take them to his place across town. He travels every week with work but occasionally, he can do this. Usually he is spending time with them at my house.

The kids are thrilled. And I have the whole weekend just for me.

I was hoping to get to the pool tonight for the first time since my surgery. I've been planning on it all week. Wouldn't you know it that today is the first day that the pool is closed at the gym? Of course. Tonight. After two months of no swimming.

*sigh*

So... I decided to come home and do... nothing really.

Then it occurred to me that I could rent a movie on pay-per-view. This trailer caught my eye:




I ADORED the movie Little Miss Sunshine. I loved its characters and its unpredictable storyline. I loved how I wanted to stand up and cheer at the end.

So, I nuked a baked potato for dinner, sat on my bed and watched this movie.

As a single mom, I was inspired. I giggled. I cried. Again the characters were lovable. Again the storyline took me on a journey of emotion throughout the movie.

I loved it and ironically, it left me missing my girls.

If you get a chance, you single moms and dads out there, watch this movie. See if you start believing...

"You are strong. You are powerful. You can do anything."

10 comments:

  1. It's next in my Netflix queue...perfect that you posted about it!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks! Looks like a great flic and I'm sure I'll watch it sometime this weekend. Hope you enjoyed your eve.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sunshine Cleaning was a great movie.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I was thinking of renting that tonite! That and Ghosts of Girlfriends Past. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Haven't seen the movie. WAS thinking about that "night alone" phenomenon. I get very few, and oddly, when I do, I'm a little lost trying to figure out what to do with them. It's like another world I have a vague recollection of.

    Maybe I should go swimming... or rent a movie!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I am need of a movie night. Thanks for the recomendation.

    ReplyDelete
  7. that part about being good at getting guys to want you, not date you or marry you - I so feel that!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Sounds like a great movie. Looking forward to seeing it based on your recommendation. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love the new look. I want to see this movie so it is worth the ppv fee?

    ReplyDelete
  10. Well, now that you've suggested, you KNOW I will do it. ;)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving me some comment love!