Tuesday, September 1, 2009

September Challenge




Do you ever get the feeling that God or the universe is trying to tell you something?

I mentioned that The Secret changed my life 3 years ago. It also cheered Gentleman Jack when he was having a bad day last week. Back in September 2006, it seemed like something or someone was telling me to watch that movie.

When I finally did, I knew it wasn't coincidence.

---





One of the things I was encouraged to do then was to create a vision board. My 3 year old vision board is 99% fulfilled now. I haven't thought about it in a very long time.

When I made that vision board, I was 6 months into my separation, my house was on the market, I had a part time job, no full time job prospects and I held a LOT of anger and resentment for my situation. I was sad, lonely and fearful.

I wanted to be healthy, alive, happy and I wanted my kids to feel the same way.

I have since completed my divorce, found a full time job, sold my house, bought another one and have a friendly and healthy co-parenting relationship with my ex.

I wanted a warm comfortable home that was close to work and my kids' school. I wanted to travel and see the world. I wanted a job where I enjoyed myself and could focus on my children. I wanted to be more athletic and be in a relationship with an athletic, loving, kind-hearted and giving man.

I'd even described what I wanted in a job and a house down to the detail and accomplished it!!

---

Lately I've been getting another message over and over again from several different sources.

It is time to create another vision board.

When I think about it, I don't feel much aim or concentrated effort towards a goal of any kind. I actually feel like I am wandering aimlessly. Perhaps that is why I've been able to focus on my triathlons. Those athletic activities are the only goal I've had for a while.

I am a goal-oriented person. I know me. I will make it happen and if I can't make it happen, I generally have faith that it will happen for me.





So... I will search through my magazines for words, pictures, dreams and other goals that I'd like to aim for.

I will cut them out and glue them on a poster board that I will hang in my office.

I will focus and visualize those things.

I will be grateful, knowing that they are mine.

I know it is possible because I have done this before. I believe in the infinite abundance in my life.

And when that vision board is fulfilled, I'll create another one.



How about you? Can I challenge you to do the same? Do you believe that your dreams will come true?

What are you putting on your vision board?


Pics of vision boards from here and here and here.

14 comments:

  1. oy, i have been meaning to do this for a long time. i started one in Ottawa when I was visiting a friend and I accidentally left it there! My facourite image that I cut out was this wicked fully tattooed rock on womyn alterna-grrrl holding a sigh that said, "beautiful is boring" how am I going to find that again for my collage! that pic was priceless. haha.
    awesome to hear how far you've come t. keep on keeping on.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is a wonderful idea. I seem to be in a weird stage: happy with all the good in my life -- and myself -- yet struggling with insecurity in certain ways that I didn't really expect. Maybe it's the fact I just turned 41, but I think I may just take you up on your challenge, T.

    Love your approach to life and perspective, as always.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I did this years ago as well and John and I did ours a few weeks ago. It is a great thing to do and a wonderful exercise.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have no doubt the universe is trying to tell me something but I dont think it speaks my language!

    Maybe I need to do this - maybe it will help in my desperate attempt to find a new job - cos surely the universe cant be telling me I am destined to remain in my dead end job forever :(

    ReplyDelete
  5. That's an awesome idea, T. I think I'll give some thought to that myself...

    And the whole three years thing? Yeah. I'm seeing some major introspection things myself on that same timeline.

    ReplyDelete
  6. You have such a great outlook on life. You give me motivation.
    Thanks

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a grand idea, T! I hope all of your visions come true. :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great resource and it sounds like a tool you can really use to focus your energy. So why haven't I done one? Since I finished what had been my main goal for the last 4 years(school) and with all the other changes in my life I've had that wondering aimlessly feeling too. This might be just what I need!

    ReplyDelete
  9. That must be a great feeling to see your vision board fulfilled! I might have to give it a shot too. Thanks for the inspiration.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love THe Secret. I need to make me a vision board, too!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love that you are doing this. Believe it and you will see it!

    Another great movie to watch is "The Shift" by Wayne Dyer. I believe you would enjoy this, comes from a different perspective.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Interesting. I'll have to look into The Secret.

    I think the vision board might be something good for me to do to help me with some of the things I'm struggling with right now.

    Thanks for the ideas!

    ReplyDelete
  13. After The Secret, I too, created a vision board. Can't believe it was so long ago. Many of my things have happened. Started a new one last fall and just pulled it out again. Madison and I both worked on them tonight. It's one of my favorite things to do once I remind myself to sit and do it! :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. After The Secret, I too, created a vision board. Can't believe it was so long ago. Many of my things have happened. Started a new one last fall and just pulled it out again. Madison and I both worked on them tonight. It's one of my favorite things to do once I remind myself to sit and do it! :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving me some comment love!