Tuesday, October 6, 2009

Fork in the Blog

A reader directed me to one of my favorite quotes after yesterday's worrisome post. From another A Course in Miracles student and teacher Marianne Williamson:

"We can always choose to perceive things differently. You can focus on what's wrong in your life or you can focus on what's right."

She is right of course. I do know that every moment I am choosing between heaven and hell. In every "now", I am choosing between the ego and my Spirit - the angel on my shoulder or the devil.

And so I present to you, dear reader, a fork in the blog.

I wrote two blog posts: one from fear and the other from love.

Which teacher do you choose?

  • Do you choose the ego who teaches fear, the what if's, the past and the future? The ego who analyzes and separates and divides? The ego who convinces you to doubt, worry and defend? The ego who throws tantrums and screams loudly, "What about ME???"

  • Or do you choose your True Self? Your Spirit who rests quietly in the certainty of this moment? The divine You who knows that all is well and you are always surrounded by love? The quiet and gentle laughter of God who waits patiently for you to listen beyond your screaming ego?
  • I do that too. Unfortunately, not often enough. When I chose to listen to Spirit, I wrote this post: The Cure for Paranoia

As always, in every moment, it is your choice.


"The ego analyzes; the Holy Spirit accepts."
~A Course in Miracles

5 comments:

  1. Oh, it's like a Choose Your Own Adventure blog. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Unfortunately, it depends on the day for me too. I am trying to choose the more up beat path, but it is a constant daily effort!!!

    T- we will get there!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Um, okay...it looks like you just wrote and posted 3 seperate posts in one day! -A few hours even!

    Yeah, you are SO not overthinking! ;)

    Rest, girl! Rest your mind too. It will all be ok.

    Big hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I tend to agree with Danielle. It depends on the day. As for resting your mind (OMG - wouldn't it be nice?) - easier said than done, for some of us.

    I would say - be kinder to yourself. We all operate from fear (and shadow) at times, knowingly. We also operate from those darker corners unknowingly. And we fill up from a stronger place of self on other days. Sunnier, more giving.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving me some comment love!