Tuesday, October 13, 2009

This, that and feelin' my age

I went to the U2 concert last night at the new Dallas Cowboys stadium. Damn, that place is IMPRESSIVE. I'd swear there was a mile distance from my seat to the top back row! Wow!

My seat, by the way, was 6 rows up from the floor. Woohoo! I took this picture with my phone as they were getting the stage ready for the band. Unfortunately, I didn't think to bring my camera to my very first U2 concert.

Yep, that's right. As a fan for well over 20 years, this was my very first show. What a show it was!

*Kicking myself that I missed so many great tours prior to this*

Youtube already has lots of videos from the show: U2 360 Tour Dallas 10/12/2009

Including this One:





---

I met with a fellow military supporter/blogger for lunch today.

I wrote about Hope last week when I realized that some still consider me a voice in the military community.

Looking at her blog, we have quite a bit in common... but its the troops that we talked about during lunch. I was reminded how much fun it was to put together care packages. I was also reminded how you have to hold your shit together to support a man at war.

And she wanted to hear about Gentleman Jack too!

Go check her out and donate what you can to keep those soldiers happy!

---

While at Jack's over the weekend, I hogged his computer all day Saturday to keep track of the Ironman World Championship Triathlon in Kona, Hawaii. It was so inspiring to see the female champion break the course record.

There were so many other amazing stories of athletes competing in this event after overcoming obstacles of all kinds - cancer, stroke, losing limbs!

The inspiration isn't lost on me as I am still trying to get back to my pre-surgery athleticism again. The biking feels good to me. The running I'm getting used to. But the swimming... feels like someone has set my abdomen on fire.

---

Reflecting on that, how much I aged while supporting a soldier and my aching neck from last night's concert, my body is reminding me that in 2 1/2 months, I will be a 40 year old woman.

Eesh.

That's ok. I'm just feeling my age today. Look out world when I get back to feeling like my usual age 20-something 30-something self.

7 comments:

  1. I was out with Plane Boy and his mates on sat night - they are all younger than me 5/6 years younger :-p

    And THEY were all moaning how they cant go out anymore like they used to and are getting old and they arent even 30 yet!

    I had to laugh :)

    Glad you had fun!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I kept checkin my mail and had zero invites to lunch, sigh.

    Looks like fun!!!

    the exercise will get easier, you look great from here now tho!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You'll get back there, girl, I have every bit of confidence in you! :)

    Glad you had such a great time at the concert.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I would LOVE to see the stadium. Just not for a Cowboy game. :)I hear it is amazing.
    Sounds like you had fun.

    ReplyDelete
  5. If you can manage a U2 concert, I'd say feeling your age is probably 29! (And 30 in two months.)

    I have been through abdominal surgery, a couple of times (oh what we go through to bring our kids into the world)... The body needs what it needs to heal. Sounds like you're doing great! So keep on kickin' and remember that you will get there, just maybe not quite as fast as you would've 10 years ago. Then world - watch out!

    ReplyDelete
  6. you had lunch with Hope? that is great!

    maybe when you addressed the invite to Sage and put BFE Florida, it got rerouted....he should really be a bit more specific if he expects mail invites!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm glad you had fun T. And age, well age is only a number.

    *Hugs*

    -QT

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving me some comment love!