Monday, December 28, 2009

Birthdays, Schmirthdays! No really, its MY birthday!!



Hey hey, look at me, I'm finally 40 years old.

I remember when my mom turned 40 and it seemed SOOO old. Is it just me or is 40 the new 20?

No?

25 maybe?

Eh, I'm not that worried about turning 40. When I registered for triathlons this past year, I had to register my age as of the end of 2009. So, technically or athletically, I've already been categorized as 40 all year. Maybe that means that during next year's triathlons, I should athletically be the same as I was this past year since I haven't aged...

Hmmm.....

I'm babbling.

I have no coherent train of thought today. I didn't sleep all that well last night and decided to stay offline for much of this past weekend. It felt good to give my brain a break.

Except.

My brain doesn't stop.

Damn it to hell.

*big sigh*

And since my brain is nothing but sleep deprived mush, I thought I'd let all the famous people do the deep thinking for me with some cool quotes at the end of this blog post.

Oh and since I'm 40 and because this is my blog and its all about me...ME... ME... here's me asking for birthday wishes.

Because having a birthday around the holidays bites the big one.

Hope ya'll had a nice holiday break.


"Age is an issue of mind over matter. If you don't mind, it doesn't matter."
~ Mark Twain

"You don't stop laughing because you grow old. You grow old because you stop laughing."
~ Michael Pritchard

"At twenty we worry about what others think of us; at forty we don't care about what others think of us; at sixty we discover they haven't been thinking about us at all."
~ Author Unknown

"Life can only be understood backwards, but it must be lived forwards."
~ Soren Kierkegaard

"Live your life and forget your age."
~ Norman Vincent Peale

"As I grow older, I pay less attention to what men say. I just watch what they do."
~ Andrew Carnegie

"Wrinkles should merely indicate where smiles have been."
~ Mark Twain

"You are as young as your faith, as old as your doubt; as young as your self-confidence, as old as your fear; as young as your hope, as old as your despair."
~ Douglas MacArthur

"How old would you be if you didn't know how old you were?"
~ Satchel Paige

"Some people, no matter how old they get, never lose their beauty - they merely move it from their faces into their hearts."
~ Martin Buxbaum

24 comments:

  1. Happy Birthday T! I hope it's an enjoyable one.

    I'll be joining you in the big 4-0 club in 27 days...

    ReplyDelete
  2. HI T. I am your regular reader from Switzerland but haven't rather comment to any of your blogs as I don't have something smart really to say but I so Love reading everything your write here. Alles Gute zum Geburtstag as we say here in CH. Happy Birthday! Have a blast T!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well...if it's any consolation you certainly do NOT look 40. AT ALL. Rascal is one lucky man.

    Happy birthday, T!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Well happy birthday - and sit back and relax (especially if you're sleep deprived). 40 is a breeze! You'll love it!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Happy 40th T!!

    I'm a relatively new reader but have fallen in love with your blog. Enjoy your day, I wish you many happy healthy more in the years to come.

    ReplyDelete
  6. How about we add a couple of quotes to your list.

    Getting older beats the alternative.

    and

    You can't help getting older but you can remain immature.

    Happy Birthday.

    TAG

    ReplyDelete
  7. Happy Birthday, T!
    May it be everything you hope for. You deserve it.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Happy 40th! :)

    Love the quotes and I hope you have a great day - and year!

    I have a feeling 40 is going to be fabulous! (I'll be there in a few months myself)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Happy Birfday mama...I'm with ya. My bday is not for another month and people still try to do the combo gift thing. Have a great day!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Happy Happy Birthday T! I think your 40 look a helluva lot like your 30.

    Hugs,

    QT

    ReplyDelete
  11. happy birthday T! I concur with a lot of folks here - you definitely don't "look" 40 - not that 40 is old, whatsoever. 40's the new 30, right?? Is 30 the new 20? ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh do I ever know how bad having a birthday around this time of year sucks. My dad remember Thursday was my birthday and told me happy birthday on facebook, but forgot to call me and wish me a happy birthday. So HAPPY BIRTHDAY, T! I hope it's the best one yet!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Happy Birthday T. Have a great day.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Happy Birthday T. You look marvelous!
    Love the quotes.

    ReplyDelete
  15. I can't wait to celebrate your special day. I'm bringing the Martinis.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Happy Birthday, girl!! Hope you have a wonderful day.

    I think you prove better than anyone that age is just a number. 'Cuz girl, you look AWESOME.

    xo

    ReplyDelete
  17. Damn girl thats old as the hills!
    40?????????
    dayummmmmmmmmmm

    Old ass chick.

    good thing you are hot!

    Happy birthday!

    ReplyDelete
  18. You guys ROCK! You really do. Thanks for all the bday wishes!

    And hey, I have a regular reader from Switzerland! Yay me!! Hi there! *waves* Feel free to comment anytime! Thanks for reading!

    Love you all!! Mwah!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Happy Birthday!! have a awesome year ahead!! love
    T

    ReplyDelete
  20. Hope you had a great b-day, T. 40 (and beyond) is where it's at these days...or that's what I tell myself! :)

    ReplyDelete
  21. Happy Birthday, T!

    I turned 40 in June and my wife turned 40 in September. I can't say that I've noticed it as much as I noticed turning 30. Turning 50 intimidates me a bit, but I have 10 years to get used to the idea.

    Getting older is only a problem when it stops you from doing what you want to do.

    ReplyDelete
  22. Happy Birthday T. Welcome to the 40-something club. Of course us triathletes never feel as old as we really are.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving me some comment love!