Thursday, December 17, 2009

Getting what you asked for



I heard this Michael Buble song this morning on the radio. Fun, catchy tune. Made me smile.

And the lyrics...


I might have to wait,
I’ll never give up,
I guess it's half timin', and the other half's luck,
Wherever you are,
Whenever it's right,
You'll come outta nowhere and into my life.

And I know that we can be so amazin',
And baby your love is gonna change me,
And now I can see every possibility, mmmmmm....

Somehow I know that it’ll all turn out,
You'll make me work so we can work to work it out,
And promise you kid, I'll give so much more than I get, mmmm....
I just haven't met you yet.




I had to giggle because it reminded me of my list of fabulous qualities I wanted in a man. It reminded me of all of my hopes and dreams of a man who adores me and how I'd fall and it would be so perfect.

Then, when a real man showed up in my life from out of nowhere, I didn't trust it. I was scared. I didn't want to fall though he was totally fall-in-lovable.

I was laughing out loud at how we TOTALLY get what we ask for.

But are we always ready for it?

Perhaps things happen exactly as they're supposed to. Perhaps we are ready but aren't aware of it. Maybe we are ready on some level and we just have to clear out the cobwebs to find that sense of readiness.

Clearing out the cobwebs. I feel like I've done a lot of that lately. Making room for more.

It starts small. You're making room in your bed by not sleeping in the middle anymore. Making room in your heart. Making room in your life. Feeling with absolute certainty that what you want is on its way. So much certainty that you don't even wish for it anymore. You don't even think about it. You go through life smiling because you can feel the love already.

You never know what's around the next corner. It could be exactly what you've always wanted and you just haven't met him or her yet.

Are you ready?

7 comments:

  1. I am getting ready :)

    Every day I get a little more ready! But you are right we do get what we ask for!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gosh, I know this feeling so well! I didn't even have time to stop and really think about what I wanted in a man when CBG came along. It scared the HELL outta me, but when I finally allowed it to happen, I realized that he was everything I wanted (and more!)

    The Universe is an amazing place...and you're right, you know...we *do* get what we ask for! Isn't it great? :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think we're not always ready, but worse we can't always recognize it when we get what we asked for. Then it's easy to lose it, and never get it back.

    Secretia

    ReplyDelete
  4. "Maybe we are ready on some level and we just have to clear out the cobwebs to find that sense of readiness."

    Uh-huh.

    Were you referring to me? ;)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Perfect. So you give me hope. Now I just have to nourish some faith. I'll be ready. (And I'll tell you all about it...)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm getting ready... Being ready is scary but I'm getting there.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I've been refering to "ready" as some type of destination, instead - I've found - it's the decision to let go of some of the power and logic and just enjoy the ride.

    It is scary to finally get what you asked for! REALLY scary.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving me some comment love!