But alas, Grace woke me up at 3:00 a.m. - which happens to be 10:00 a.m. in Germany - so I couldn't go back to sleep. Then it was storming and both kids crawled into the bed.
So, ugh. Yeah. Now I'm tired.
It probably didn't help that my diet was vastly different in Europe than it is here at home. Daily I was consuming some sort of fresh bread like French bread, fresh croissants, danishes or some variety of pretzel.
We also had more meat and potatoes than I'm usually eating. The kids and I mainly eat pastas, rice, fruits and vegetables with the occasional chicken or pork. I'm not sure my digestive system knows what to think of me.
Salad for dinner sounds good.
And maybe I'll get in a good ride on the bike to crank my system back into gear and acclimate me to Central time again.
Many of you have asked about the "monkey" the Magic Buddha may have been referring to when I asked the question, "Will I have sex while in Europe?"
Well, the monkey seemed to be a recurring theme during the trip.
- First I noticed the monkey on Lou Lou's phone cover. She loves Paul Frank who apparently uses Julius the Monkey as his icon.
- Then while in the Red Light District, we saw stuffed monkeys with male genitalia. (Oh yeah, I can say penis here.)
- Lou Lou also had monkeys on her pajama pants. She apparently loves monkeys.
- During the live sex show, we were joined on stage by someone dressed as a gorilla with - yes of course - a hard on. And the girl we were dancing with did something very interesting with a banana... which I ended up deep throating... but anyway...
There also seemed to be a banana thing happenin' too.
- We ate banana bread on the ride out to Amsterdam.
- Bananas on the pancakes in Amsterdam were fantastic.
- I had the most unusual combination while dining at Hooters in Neunkirchen, Germany. Banana juice and hefeweizen beer. It was the best beer I have ever tasted.
The Magic Buddha's answer was: Look for my monkey.
I interpreted the answer to mean that no, definitely no sex for T while in Europe.
And I was wrong.
But I will say this:
A good friend really steps up to help when you need her to.
I've uploaded brief videos from the trip. Check out my youtube channel.