Monday, January 11, 2010

From Within, Without: A Film about Homeopathy

If you've been reading here for a while you know that I am a big proponent of natural medicine, specifically homeopathy.

I discovered homeopathy when Rose was a year old and suffering from recurring ear infections. When the doctor suggested tubes for her ears, a very common surgery for children that age, I flipped out. There was no way I was going to put my baby girl under the knife. There had to be a better way.

That's when I discovered the book: Smart Medicine for a Healthier Child by Janet Zand. In the book, for every childhood ailment, the author gave details of every possible remedy to try from a visit to your medical doctor, to nutrition advice, to herbal remedies, to accupressure, to homeopathy. I tried the nutrition advice and homeopathic remedy suggested for ear infections and they were gone. She's had one ear infection in the 7 years since then.

I studied homeopathy for a while towards the end of my marriage but had to quit school to go back to work full time. I still use it. For me. For my kids. If I had a pet, I'd use it for that too.

A friend sent me a trailer for a movie in the works about homeopathy and how it can help autistic children. Check out the trailer for yourself:


From Within, Without -- Fundraising Trailer from laurel chiten on Vimeo.

If you have more interest in the film, here is the website: Blind Dog Films

If anything, I hope this movie opens the minds, as it has so far, to a possibility of complementary medicine now and going into the future.

5 comments:

  1. Real (Homeopathic) medicine cures even when Conventional Allopathic Medicine (CAM) fails

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have depended on homeopathics to work with my daughter on her allergies, and both used the relaxing "teething tablets" when they were young. I personally find great relief from arnica and from certain sinus relief. Homeopathics work well, I believe, when used in conjunction with an otherwise healthy lifestyle--eating well, exercise, etc. must all be a part of your life to *fully* enjoy benefit.

    Very interesting, indeed. Be well, T.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm definitely a supporter of homeopathic and natural remedies to treat medical problems. It's amazing what these cures can do without having to turn to traditional medicine.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your homeopathic experience with your daughter's ears is powerful stuff.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi,
    I am The editor/writer with medicine-worldwide.net. I really liked your site and i am interested in building a relationship with your site. We want to spread public awareness. I hope you can help me out. Your site is a very useful resource.

    Please email me back with your URL in subject line to take a step ahead and also to avoid spam.

    Thank you,
    Maria Jones
    maria.medicineworld@gmail.com
    www.medicine-worldwide.net

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving me some comment love!