Sunday, March 21, 2010

Random thoughts on Spring

Yesterday was the first day of spring and we received MORE snow in Dallas. Ok,OK, Miss Winter, I get the point! Can we have some spring now please?

I'm feeling very restless and in the mood for spring cleaning.

I spent a good portion of yesterday cleaning up the blog. After recent Internet Explorer and Firefox updates, the blog was looking terrible. I had to update my template and I lost all of my blog rolls, etc. I still have much work to do.

I did organize my labels as sort of a "map of the quest". Hopefully the quest map will knock out two things I needed - a who's who and my label list. I might even do the same thing with my archives.

Let me know your thoughts and suggestions.

***

Spring makes me want to get out more.

Friday night, Gem and I took my girls and one of their friends to the Dallas Museum of Art's Late Nights at the DMA. They had lots of fun activities all centered around the Alice in Wonderland theme. I was happy to go because I want to explore with my girls all of the fun that Dallas has to offer.

The DMA had a scavenger hunt that lead us around the museum. I was able to introduce the kids to lots of different types of art and artifacts. Rose, my little creative mind, was intrigued by all of the art. Grace could take it or leave it.

That is... until we found the fertility statues in the African collection. I thought Grace was going to pee her pants she was laughing so hard when she saw statues of a fertility couple. Of course, each figure was complete with the proper parts.

"Mom!" Rose exclaimed, "Why are they naked?! Isn't that totally inappropriate?!"

Oh my! They definitely give me a whole new perspective on things.

***

This time a year is my favorite because we can also spend more time outside.

My ex-husband taught Rose how to ride her bike last weekend. He was so proud. I hope to get her on it more. I've done so many bike tours and races where kids are riding right along side their moms and dads. I would love to include my girls in my athletic activities.

I will be riding in a 2-day 160 mile bike ride for charity in a little over a month. I need to get my bike tuned up and get my hoohah re-acquainted with an extreme amount of time on the bike seat. I've not been focusing on cycling as much as cross-training.

Its time to focus, people!!


***

I spent last weekend in St. Petersburg, FL visiting a friend. Gentleman Jack was there on business too. What a gorgeous time of year!



Now I'm getting the itch to make another trip to San Francisco for a friend's wedding.

Spring has brought in the travel bug.


***

Spring has also left me feeling like its time to make one big HUGE to-do list. My house and my car could use some extra love.

I could use some extra love too! I'm missin' my man.

I think I'll get outside and breathe in some sunshine. Go away snow! Bring on the tulips, daffodils and azaleas!

Taken last spring in Holland


Happy Spring Ya'll!


"When you drink in nature through your senses, you deepen your awareness of the great silent intelligence flowing through all things. You nourish your mind, body, and spirit as you connect to the divine love of Being."
~ Deepak Chopra

13 comments:

  1. I'll try not to rub in the fact that we hit 68 degrees yesterday waaaay up here in the Great "White" North.

    Here's proof: http://www.flickr.com/photos/canadianbaldguy/sets/72157623540428633/

    Enjoy your spring!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm SOOOO happy with the spring-like weather we've been getting here for the last couple of weeks. It's the best spring we've had in years. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. spring does make it easier to get moving and the desire runs deep - sorry about the snow. we don't have any left, I keep waiting for it to snow again as March is when we usually receive the most snow of the year.

    ReplyDelete
  4. It's been in the 70's all week here in VA. LOVE IT. I love being able to break out the tank tops and flip flops!

    [p.s.: you're not following this new blog yet. =( ]

    ReplyDelete
  5. I hope being in the promised land did you good!!!!

    Damned global cooling, where is Al when we need him?

    Idiots.

    ReplyDelete
  6. It was spring all week here and then Friday brought 8 inches of snow! Sunny today though and most of the snow has gone. I'm ready for warmer weather - went and bought two pairs of sandals today.

    I noticed the fonts on my sidebars were messed up and thought it was because I had inadvertently messed something up when I changed my header. Now I'm thinking it's Firefox - guess I have some clean up to do.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I hear you about the snow, we were all in shorts on Friday. I love how with spring brings a need to shed old things.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Texas has received more snow this year than it did in the 21 years I was growing up there...seriously!
    Even in Germany, we've been done with snow for a couple of weeks.
    ...and if you get the bug to travel as far as Europe again, our door is open!
    Love you, T!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Dali museum?! Soooo jealous!! :)
    Glad you are getting the snow and not us. I still can't believe that a month ago we were still shoveling out of 3 feet.

    The spring pictures are a lovely reminder of the joys of Springtime. Thank you for those!

    Be well, T.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh that picture of Holland gives me an ache to go see Europe.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Spring is a time for renewal, for us, too — mind, body, spirit, and, uh, house.

    And ya better see me when you're out in SF!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Texas had more snow on the ground than the snow belt of NY. Whoda thunk it?

    ReplyDelete
  13. And hopefully you'll be hitting Vegas shortly! ;)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving me some comment love!