Tuesday, March 2, 2010

Tipping Point

One of my co-workers is currently reading a book to help with her sales and marketing strategy: The Tipping Point by Malcolm Gladwell.

I haven't read the book but, from my understanding, it explains how little things make a big difference in the success of a concept, product, service, person, etc. He illustrates how things become viral by word of mouth and how a concept will begin and then spread suddenly reaching a 'tipping point' where there is no stopping it.

I understand the concept all too well these past few weeks. I too have reached a tipping point where I feel completely buried under obligation. I don't like when I reach this point because I begin to feel resentful for everything that is asked of me. I even feel that I'm begrudgingly writing this blog post...

I understand that it is because I haven't had much "me" time.

Gentleman Jack was in town last weekend and I drove in to see him this past weekend. As much as I adore being with my man, I tend to ignore responsibilities and things begin to build up.

I also recognize that I've been very tired lately.

I've been unable to get to the store to stock up on my supply of vitamins and supplements that keep my energy levels strong. I feel very depleted of energy. Therefore...

I haven't been consistent in my workouts.

That, too, will affect my energy levels. Honestly, I can't figure out how I ever trained for a triathlon before. I'm too tired and busy in the evenings to get on my bike. This weekend and so far this week, I did pick up a yoga class, a few runs outside, some bike training and a swim today. Once I get back to my routine, I should feel better.

I'm also so ready for Spring.

I look forward to more sunshine and a lot less shivering. And yes, in August or September, you will hear me complain about the heat. I can tolerate the heat and cold but I am ready for the change in seasons when they occur. Give me Spring and Fall any day!!

So, I apologize that I've been unable to get to your blogs to read and/or comment. I've actually read some but have been unable to put thoughts together coherently or had another issue come up and not had the time to leave a comment. Ugh. I promise I'll get better.

I'm feeling overwhelmed and worn out. I'm ready to tip this point back in the other direction, you know? Momma needs some BALANCE.

Forgive me?

Thank you for all the love and patience.

And vodka.

You guys rock my socks.

12 comments:

  1. Awwww, T. We've all been there. Some of us are still there.

    Last night I was in a huge funk. I should be over the moon thrilled right now, but I'm just worn out. And little things set me off. And I'm trying to get back to my normal relaxed self.

    So, I saw a lot of me in your post. We'll get it together. Love, patience, and some alcohol to take the edge off.

    Big hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I wish I had something inspirational or smart to say....but I don't.

    So instead I'll just do this:

    **hug**

    :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hugs, T. We've all been there...and fortunately not all at the same time, so we can help and empathize when it's not our turn!

    Take care, and be well.

    ReplyDelete
  4. T - extra big hug too! Take a time out to regroup. We all forgive you. Sending a bottle of Belvedere your way! - Pippi

    ReplyDelete
  5. T — Get off the computer and into a hot bath with a smelly candle and some bubbles, close your eyes and stop your mind.

    Then, breathe.

    We're no good to anyone if we don't care for ourselves first.

    hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Take your time. You don't always need to be "on". But do make time to go get your vitamines if they make a difference! Do things for you!

    ReplyDelete
  7. No forgiveness needed. Regain your balance, find your center and live from spirit and all will be well.
    BTW - "The Tipping Point" is one excellent book.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I need to keep reminding myself of this little fact: the blog exists to serve me, not the other way around.

    If I have other things I must do, then I must do them. The point of blogging isn't an end in itself, but a tool I can use to help me get better. Kind of like your taking vitamins... the vitamins serve you, but not the other way around. You wouldn't break speed limits and jeopardize the health of you, your passengers, and others just to get to the vitamin store. :)

    Like you and Nicki, I've been a bit over extended lately. It's been hard to visit all my favorite reads and comment on them at the pace I had been. But luckily for me... they're still there! Waiting for me! So I can still catch up when I'm ready. And the bea--oh, no! Gotta run!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I'm so with you on so many of these things! I had a major case of lethargy last week, and it was consuming everything about me, crazy how that happens. Same with me time, trying to keep up, and the spring itch! Bring it!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Malcolm Gladwell's writing is like comfort food. He throws lots of stats and figures at you, so you feel like you're learning stuff. And he puts it out there in story form, to keep you turning the page. I like his books! But "the tipping point" is really just "the straw the broke the camel's back" :-)

    Everything has a tipping point, whether it's a social cause, a new product, a psyche. Hope you find your balance again soon! Be well

    ReplyDelete
  11. hey sexy I sure hope it gets better over there!

    I am with you on the no more shivering!! Cept I won't bitch about the heat!

    muah

    ReplyDelete
  12. I hear you!! I'm having a terrible time fitting in my workouts this week and it makes me feel a little crazy. Can't wait for spring!!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving me some comment love!