- Eat Pray Love - I've written that I cannot wait to see the movie when it hits theaters in August. It has also been quite a few years since I've read the book. I bought the audio book and listened to it during the normally 3 hour (but-always-4-hours-when-you-include-Dallas'-late-Friday-afternoon-traffic) drive to see Gentleman Jack. Listening made the rainy drive much quicker.
- The Greek restaurant around the corner from Gentleman Jack's house - I stopped to pick up some yummy food for myself, my man and the boys on the drive in. No cooking = more time doing nothing
- Carbon Copy and Fireball hugs - I love that both of GJ's boys rushed to greet me in the driveway so they could get hugs from me before their daddy did.
- Being all wrapped up - I love LOVE when my man puts his arms around me. Remember this picture? Yeah. Like that.
- That feeling of "wow its been forever" co-mingled with the feeling of "honey, I'm home" - Because we stay in such nearly constant communication, it feels very surreal to greet him after weeks apart. Part of me feels as if I haven't seen him in ages and the other part seems as if I've just gone to the store for some milk.
- His sighs of absolute bliss - He stares at me on the couch next to him and literally sighs out loud in that "all is right in my world" kind of way. He caresses my face, rubs my back and touches me ever so gently as if I am precious sand art that could be blown away if the wind kicked up too hard.
- Movie time - He and I could sit and watch movies for HOURS. We usually get in at least one movie while we're together. There's something about being all snuggled up that makes the films that much more enjoyable.
- Taking a break from our phones - Each of us keeps our phones nearby so that we can contact each other via text or call. We were both happy to put the phones away and contently BE with each other.
- Sex - Now do I really have to say anything about this? Its been 5 weeks people.
- Sleeping in - Even if he has to get up, he lets me sleep as late as I want. Mmmmm...hmmm....
- Family time - We went to the boys' sporting events and stopped for ice cream. We ran a few errands. All as a family. I taught both boys how to play backgammon while Gentleman Jack made dinner. (A "dear LORD this is the best meal I've eaten in a while" dinner, I might add.) The day felt naturally comfortable for all of us.
- Lying in bed by candlelight listening to Pandora radio - before sex, after sex, touching, talking, laughing, exploring... all of it was beautiful. Time stood still as we, very sincerely, enjoyed each other.
- Snuggles, love, silliness, respect, kindness... - all of it was offered by the males in that house. They do literally treat me as if I'm a goddess. This girl ain't complaining!
- My girls - I feel like a better mommy after the trip away and being spoiled rotten. I was happy to snuggle up with my girls this evening and listen to their stories about the weekend with their daddy. I felt present with them tonight, after being filled up with love this weekend. The best gift I can give them is presence.
Sunday, May 16, 2010
Gratitude for the Weekend
at 10:57 PM
While I'm still in a state of contentment, I want to offer gratitude for so much loveliness from the weekend: