Sunday, June 6, 2010

Manifestation and Mirrors

I have to giggle at myself after Friday's vent. Guess I really needed to let out some steam, eh? The most hilarious (and most ironic) part of it all was when I read it back yesterday and realized, "Heh. Look at that. I could just as easily be talking to myself... doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results... doubting my self-worth and not allowing the love in."

Yeah, people in our lives are definitely our mirrors, aren't they?

***

I was driving the girls and I to Grace's ballet recital on Saturday when I heard this song on the radio:



The song brought a pained smile to my face because I remember that I'd added it to a mix cd I made for Soldier during his deployment. The song always makes me think of him.

The very next song was this one:



That was a song that I'd recently added to a mix cd for my Gentleman. He does make me smile big.

As I drove, I thought of the coincidence of those songs being played back to back. And then I had a huge meta-physical revelation...


Both of those men in my life were nothing more than LOVE MANIFESTED.



I've read in both science and spiritual texts that we are nothing more than pure energy. The energy, I've come to believe, is actually Love.

We express that energy in one of two ways: love or a call for love.

I'm either loving or I'm asking for love. At all times.

If I really think of that, of everything in our lives being nothing but energy, and that energy manifests into form, then Soldier, Jack, my ex-husband?? They were each manifestations of love... in a form that I would recognize and allow to love me, if only briefly.

The problem, it seems, is that I attach myself to the form. When that form goes away, for whatever reason, it seems as if love is gone.

But the love is never gone! It only disperses it's energy from that form and into everything around me. Everything that reminds me of love... the breeze in my hair, the wine in my glass, the light from my candle, the warmth of my relaxing bath. Those things are also love manifested.

The love never goes away.

***

That vent from Friday was something I needed to get out, it was something I needed to experience. I needed to recognize my own call for love in those around me.

I forget to recognize that, at times, and it bubbles to the surface as a painful emotion. I allowed myself to feel that anger (Yay me!) and put it out there - only to realize that I was doing the exact same thing as those people in my life who were ticking me off!

The love never went away. The people in my life were manifestations of my own call for love, just as the relationships of my life were manifestations of love. In the truth of that realization, I can breathe easy again. I can give again. I can also FORgive myself and them for the mistakes we all make and the lessons we must learn on our own.

Maybe this realization sounds a little woo-woo to some. I don't know. I guess I'm looking forward to the day that coming from a loving place isn't woo-woo.

It'll happen.



"Anybody can love the most wonderful parts of another person. But that’s not the clever trick. The really clever trick is this: Can you accept the flaws? Can you look at your partner’s faults honestly and say, 'I can work around that. I can make something out of that.'? Because the good stuff is always going to be there, and it’s always going to be pretty and sparkly, but the crap underneath can ruin you."
~ Elizabeth Gilbert

11 comments:

  1. you know I don't understand but I sure hope you got it all worked out in your pretty lil head!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love you t. It's so true what you wrote. I think it's really over (again!) with my version of soldier (the musician), probably for real, past tense this time. So many words under the bridge. Love manifested. The whole two years was me loving and calling to be loved. So one sided. I rarely really received it, and that was ok at the time. But I also think that he was insecurity manifested. Love, and insecurity. Write on my friend. You move me.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The people in our lives most definitely are our mirrors. Sometimes our relationships say an awful lot about us...

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm glad you've been able to reflect and assess your feelings on Friday's "rant". Sometimes all it takes is a clear head, a good song, and a bit of time.

    * hug *

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the quote from Elizabeth Gilbert!

    {hugs}

    Glad you were able to laugh and reflect.

    I hope you have a good week!

    ReplyDelete
  6. That quote was perfect. It's something we've been discussing a lot lately. Relationships of any kind are tricky. Love is key, and forgiveness, and especially learning to work around someone's flaws.

    Glad you know better than to feel guilty over a little rant. We all need them once in a while...

    ReplyDelete
  7. Well said. Human mirrors relect the good, the bad and the ugly in us and can be way more accurate than what most of us see in our own mirrors.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh, great post. You nailed it here. Energy is love, and love is everywhere.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Well, m'dear, I am sending some love your way.

    Yes, people often shoot the messenger instead of listening to the message. A friend and I just came to a realization that we like being with each other so much because we both are willing to listen to the truth about not-so-good things we see about each other. That's what friends, real friends, do. Not out of judgment, but out of love.

    Keep doing that, T — the world needs honesty, not a bunch of friggin' Yes men and women!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Our ability to love is what make's us all like God. Love is our brief glimpse into eternity...

    ReplyDelete
  11. I am catching up and just read both back to back. I love how you work through things. You always amaze me at how much you grow every day!!!!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving me some comment love!