Wednesday, June 30, 2010

Squished, Zapped, Prodded & Reviewed (or maybe that's the same thing?)



Wow ya'll.

It has been one hell of a day.

I had too many errands to run today. Starting with errands for work. Then my mammogram.

I had boobie squish for lunch. Fun!

Seriously, it is the weirdest thing to see what they do to breasts in these exams. I could actually feel the pulling all the way up to my ears. Wow.

Then I had an appointment for laser hair removal. Zzzzztttt! Ouch! (But so totally worth it.)

Then the hospital called for me to come back for a sonogram. *prod prod*

By the time I actually sat my ass at my desk at work, it was 4 p.m. and everyone wanted to talk to me about my doctor visits.

The good news is that it appears that all is normal. Well, as normal as a 40 year old woman's breasts can be. There are a few things they want to keep an eye on. I'm to come back for another mammogram in 6 months. The sonogram was a "precautionary" measure since there was a suspect mass on my breast on Monday. Even though it's gone now.

I still think I was bit by a spider or something and the venom made my lymph nodes swell up in pain...

Anyway, needless to say, I was WAY over being squished, zapped and prodded today. I did learn quite a bit about my breasts today though. The imaging techs both in my mammogram and sonogram were very helpful and explained everything they saw. I'm fascinated with the human body so that was a treat for me.

Oh and then I came home to an invasion of sugar ants in my kitchen. Argh. Those little f*ckers get into EVERYTHING.

Whew. This girl is tired.

But honestly, no complaints here. It's all good. I sat and watched a movie with my girls tonight. We snuggled up and enjoyed some chill time. I like that.

Now the kids are all snug in their beds and my bed is calling me.

****

One other pretty cool thing though?

My blog was reviewed by Ask and Ye Shall Receive. I love their blog reviews because they're funny and a bit harsh. I could just imagine what they'd say about mine... so I asked. And I received.

Here's the review: Lessons Learned

I loved it.

What do you think? Do you agree with the reviewer? If you had to write a review, what would you have to say about my blog?

After the day I've had, I can handle anything.

Night ya'll.

12 comments:

  1. Yeesh...methinks maybe the reviewer needs to get laid. Still all and all, he was kinda entertaining in a sick, twisted way. I don't know that I would be that brave though, mama.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah. And that's why I didn't submit my blog. I know what I am. I know who I am. I'm not super exciting or extraordinary. In the blog world, I'm probably rather mundane. At the same time, I like my life. I like my world. I like my friends. And I especially like my blog buddies. I don't know that I need validation from some jerk (or team of jerks) that think they are the end all be all rating system for the blogosphere.

    There.

    PS. Glad the mams are good.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ahhh. I love the review. SO funny to have someone do that to your blog and writing. A while ago (at my old blog) I had mine done by a hateful blog review site. My review was much like yours actually, they wanted to hate me but just couldn't really.
    I love your objectivity about it. It's cool to have different perspectives, and see how different people interpret and view you. I think it's great that you can take that in and not get all sensitive about it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. You are so NOT like the Church of England. However, you are certainly like the Queen of 'em.

    Glad your boobies are better. Lord knows there's enough shite going around without having to worry about the girls, too! ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Glad to know your boobs are okay.

    And you obvioulsy have some balls submitting your blog to be reviewed! Good for you.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Glad the girl are good!

    I had my blog reviewed by them a while back. I like it too even though it was harsh. I knew all that they said allready. They seem to hate "mommy bloggers".

    I personally LOVE your blog and know many others that feel the same. I think you rock!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Yay, glad things are all okay in the boobage department. And the review? I was underwhelmed by it, to be honest, I think they were just picking at things for the sake of being critical (maybe why I hate critics!), because your blog is downright honest, it's YOU and it's hysterical, yet emotional, and REAL. I love it and don't really like what the reviewer said. That's my review of the uh, review ;)

    ReplyDelete
  8. I am on a 6 month routine for my mammograms because of some issues. Just keep with regular mammograms so that any problems can be detected early!

    Thank you so much for adding me to your blog roll. That was awesome! I came to see why I was getting hits from you and figured it out. I really appreciate that.

    ReplyDelete
  9. See, even the spiders can't keep themselves away from your boobs. Glad to hear everything's good.

    I suggest you let Rascal give them a thorough exam next time he sees you. And every time after that, just to be safe.

    ReplyDelete
  10. He/she does have a point about Bon Jovi...

    ReplyDelete
  11. I'm glad to hear that all is well with your boobies :-)

    ReplyDelete
  12. I don't think I would ever have my blog reviewed... not because I worry about the results, but because I don't blog with the intentions of pleasing everyone else. I blog for me, plain and simple. I love the people I've met along the way and I appreciate my readers to no end, but no one is forced to read... and it is not a popularity contest amongst us.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving me some comment love!