Thank you... to all of you who have done that.
The awards you offer do not go unnoticed or unappreciated. I add them to my Awards page with a link back to you. And I'm not usually good about returning any awards because... well, I think all of you are great.
Seriously, I don't think I could choose just a few of you to honor.
Instead, I try to link to or quote from your posts or I add your blogs to my ever-expanding blog roll. I'm also not very good at doing the whole meme thing. My brain is always thinking... and I've always got a post or two brewing... and to do a meme means I'd actually have to take time to think even MORE than I already do.
Ok. Maybe I'm just
So, since I've been awarded a few times recently and told to give random facts about myself, I thought I'd at least do that much. I'm pretty random anyway and have done a few random fact posts here and here.
Hmmm... what can I come up with that you may not already know...
1. I don't like when there is booth seating on one side of a table and chairs on the other. I have no idea why I care but it bugs me. Maybe its a balance thing.
2. I still don't know what I want to do when I grow up. Yet I know that I could do anything I set my mind to. Sentence #1 scares me and sentence #2 is very empowering.
3. Sometimes I think that I want to write a book and/or write for a living. Then I change my mind because I prefer to write what I want, when I want, without someone else dictating all of that for me. I can't even do memes!!
4. I secretly long for my blog to gain more popularity so that I can continue to write what I want, when I want. But even then, will it pay the bills? I also cannot bear to shamelessly promote myself. Besides, if it does become more popular, does that mean I'll become self-conscious about what I write and who's reading? (Do you see where this is going? See #2)
5. I grew up the daughter of a MOPAR man and hated it. Now I desire to have either a classic MOPAR or a new one. Dad is smiling down on that last sentence.
6. I only watch the news for the weather. And I rarely do that. I don't worry too much though because my mom will always text me or call me when there's a tornado heading towards my house or if its snowing outside. Thanks Mom.
7. My mom and dad's first date and favorite dating place is now a restaurant/bar that my Gentleman takes me to when I visit him in Louisiana. True story.
8. Speaking of cars, my dad actually chose my mom because she drove a cool MOPAR. Here is her version of the story. Oh and she was a hottie too. Still is.
9. I moan out loud when I like something. Yes. Take that as you like. I didn't notice it until Gentleman Jack pointed out that I moan in a hot shower, when I crawl into a warm bed, when I snuggle up on my comfy couch, when I'm eating something especially yummy, when he's holding me in his arms and yes, of course, during all kinds of sex.
10. Speaking of sex, on Pippi's blog she divulged that she likes lesbian porn. I commented to her that I actually have porn moods. I can't usually tell what sort of porn mood I'm in until I stumble across something and I begin to moan out loud. Uh huh. I do.
11. Sometimes I think I'd like a boob job or reduction so that I won't have to wear a bra. The older I get, the more low maintenance I get. I know for sure that I'm going to continue laser hair removal so that I will have to shave only once a month.
12. The worst insult you could say to me is that I'm boring.
13. I rarely eat meat but I cannot resist sausage. Any kind of sausage. Sometimes though, I crave meat when my body desires more protein. I listen and obey.
14. When something becomes extremely popular (fashion trends, music, etc), I will usually rebel against it for no reason other than its popularity.
15. I am extremely patient with most people in my life, including Dallas drivers. I am NOT patient AT ALL, however, with people trying to sell me something. Beware, if you are a telemarketer, you will see a side of me that no one ever sees...
16. Some of my biggest pet peeves are misspelled words or when someone misuses 'your' and 'you're' or 'there', 'their' and 'they're'. I am by no means perfect but I love spell check and I re-read things umpteen times before I hit publish. Guess I'm an English geek because I love this site.
17. I am really good at remembering numbers. I still remember my phone number from childhood. And also my grandparents' phone number and my best friend from high school's phone number.
18. I am not very good at deciding on a particular style of decor. My house is very eclectic from dark wood classic furniture to modern bluish purple leather couches to colorful Mexican masks, ethnic Buddhist statues, tiled crosses and bold original art pieces. I also have Scandinavian light walnut furniture in my bedroom mixed with Moroccan fabrics and funky light fixtures. I think I just like worldly. Yeah. That's my style.
19. I used to collect original art when I would travel (and had lots of disposable income). Every piece of art in my house has a story behind it.
20. I do have favorites but I am open to trying anything. Because of that, I can appreciate most of everything. Different decor styles, different types of art, different types of food, different types of exercise, different types of people, different types of fun, different types of sex, different types of fashion, different types of religion, different types of music, different types of books, different types of movies, different types of bloggers.... some may call that wishy-washy and indecisive. I like to think of it as open-minded.
Aannnnd there you have it. Maybe one day I'll combine all of these random things and make a 100 things list about myself.
One day.... when I'm not so
Have a great weekend ya'll!