Sunday, January 9, 2011

Random thoughts from the weekend

First of all, I'd like to congratulate the LSU Tigers for beating the Texas A&M Aggies in the Cotton Bowl. What a game! Lots of jumping around and yelling and high fiving at my house on Friday night!

Second of all, I'd like to say congratulations to the New Orleans Saints but... alas... they were knocked out of the playoffs on Saturday by the team with the worst record, the Seattle Seahawks. What a game. Lots of jumping around and yelling and crying at my house on Saturday. Boo.

Eh, I guess it was a good balance to the weekend. It's Mardi Gras season now. I wonder how Bourbon Street was looking on Saturday night?

***

Saturday, my girls and I enjoyed a fun mommy/daughter afternoon.

I decided to do something different for the day since it was pretty outside and we were still celebrating my youngest's birthday. We went to a local salon school for haircuts and pedicures. Then we had a nice lunch with one of my girlfriends that they adore. Then we went shopping to spend some gift cards they'd received for Christmas.

They were so stinkin' cute getting spoiled. I felt like I was showing them that they are worthy of being treated nicely. Maybe as grown women, they will enjoy being taken care of with a little extra special treatment.

Then again, I hope I'm not getting myself into trouble because all I heard for the rest of the day was, "Mom, when can we do that AGAIN?"

***

Today we're having the first snow of 2011!

I filmed a short minute video of our puppy playing in the snow. It's posted on my Facebook page, if anyone's interested. She loved it. The kids loved it! I'm just happy it happened on a Sunday so that I could stay indoors in comfy, warm clothes.

Snow is rare in Texas. And I kinda like it that way.

***

Friday, somewhere between Twitter and blog reading, I came across the following video. Now, let me first say that the video is a little over 9 minutes long and I realize that readers rarely click on videos. And this video is DEFINITELY not safe for work.

However, for the jaw-dropping-est, funniest, craziest (and TRUE), stuff you've heard in sometime, you must watch this at some point.

I've also watched other videos by this same lady. She's unbelievable. Wow. Ya'll know I'm pretty forward but this lady blew my mind.



Seriously ya'll. After watching her, I have no words.

Hope it was a great weekend for you too!

12 comments:

  1. the puppy vid is so cute!! Glad you had a good weekend with the girls as well. I will check the video later too :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I say it's awesome to give your girls some "girl time"...my daughter and I do it occasionally too. She asks sometimes to go to the nail salon but it's not all the time. It's still a "special" event. And I have lots of OPI nail polishes at home, plus a foot bath and nail drying spray so she can give herself a mani/pedi at home :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh wow, I giggled through the whole video. Either I'm really immature or she's just REALLY outspoken.

    Cute that your girls got pampered. I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is my first comment on your blog, and I just have to say WOW. That video is wild. Also, I take it you're a LSU fan. What are you going to do if my Wolverines take your coach? I'm not sure he's coming to Michigan, but I wouldn't be upset if he did.
    I really like your blog. Thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Divorce is the end of a happy life. Divorce is certainly an end, but it can also be a beginning to a new and fulfilling life being a singledad or mom. It is possible to build a better life post-divorce than the one you had before. Figure out what it is that you want out of life, and what you need to do to get there. For advice and help Visit:

    single Dads

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love girl time with Rachel. The cool thing is that you are building bonds that last!

    I'm gonna have to watch the videos later. Not sure what's going on with our own snow in Charlotte. Our second snow of the winter. Yuck.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Watch out for that Penis Power! LMAO

    Love those special mommy/daughter days!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I have a dear friend here in Seattle who grew up in Sulphur and Shreveport. Saturday was a sad day for her. For the rest of the city, it was a lovely day of disbelief and celebration. I don't give a rat's a** about football, so for me it was just a great day to get some errands done while everyone else was glued to the tv. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Bwahahahahahah.....'the penis has ejaculated all in her brain".

    who knew that 'shrump' from Long John Silvers and white bread was all that it took....

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hahahaha! I'm so glad you watched it. Cracked me the hell up!

    ReplyDelete
  11. "Penis power"?

    Penis as a "weapon"?

    I think she just hasn't had any lately.

    I don't care who has the "power" as long as everyone's happy.

    Know what I mean?

    Unless someone's ejaculated in my brain or something ...

    ReplyDelete
  12. This reminds me that I really need to spend some time with my girls!

    Oh and penis power? Really? Laughed hard I have to say!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving me some comment love!