It's the Monday after Spring Break. We've all been going since last Thursday. They spent the weekend camping with their dad and I went back to Louisiana. We only returned to the house last night with enough time to work on a few loads of laundry and get ready for bed. I'm still exhausted this morning.
With that said, I'll just give a few random thoughts from the past few days:
- Gentleman Jack and I traveled to South Louisiana this weekend for a friend's wedding. The reception was held at a Louisiana plantation home right on the banks of the mighty Mississippi River. Gorgeous. Kinda made me crave a mint julep.
- My man and I have fun together. Even 4.5 hours in a car.
- Spanish moss makes me happy.
- Mmmmm.... Creole Food, crawfish, fresh Louisiana strawberries and frozen daiquiris!
- We both clean up pretty nice. And we both agreed that men's ties and women's high heels are stupid but necessary.
- Because of a one person's confusion during a single introduction, I was known as "fiancée" all night and to everyone we encountered. (Which was perfectly fine with us.)
- It was very old South romantic to stand on a veranda in the full moonlight, overlooking the mighty river, holding hands with my southern gentleman fiancé.
- Old cemeteries are way cool.
- I wonder what stories those ancient oak trees could tell.
- On the drive back, we took the old highway. The scenic route through my home state was beautiful and had us both curious about the history, including the Civil War. We followed the Mississippi River levee for a majority of the ride. We saw lots of amazing bridges, oxbow lakes and homes with prime lakefront property, and many impoverished areas too.
- I think we both heard banjos at one point. Heh.
- 4.5 hours in a car doesn't stop us from feelin' frisky.
- Wow, I'm not sure I ever considered the beauty of my home state before. Maybe it took me leaving there to appreciate it?
- Have I mentioned it's crawfish season?
- Apparently, I don't sleep so well in other beds than my own. I felt bad for waking my man but selfishly enjoyed the middle-of-the-night back rubs that eased my discomfort and lulled me back to sleep.
- Mmmmm.... mint Oreo blizzard on the drive back to Texas.
- My kids were worn out from the weekend. It sounded like they had a fun time with their dad.
- My bed was really lonely last night. I miss my Gentleman and PMS is a bitch.
I'm also reading 2 books that are making my head spin. More to come on that too.
Hope everyone's week is off to a great start!