Monday, April 18, 2011

A message in quotes

Over the weekend, I saw a few movies, heard a few songs, read a few things... and I picked up on some quotes that seemed to be reiterating the same message.

Rather than me filling in the blanks as they apply to ME, I thought I'd leave them up for YOUR interpretation.

How do you think these quotes apply - either to me or you?

Can you detect a common theme here?


(And P.S. There are no wrong answers!)

"Sounds like an opportunity. Let me ask you something. If someone prays for patience, do you think God gives them patience? Or does he give them the opportunity to be patient? If they pray for courage, does God give them courage, or does he give them opportunities to be courageous? If someone prayed for their family to be closer, you think God zaps them with warm, fuzzy feelings? Or does he give them opportunities to love each other?"
~ Evan Almighty

"If we're willing to give up hope that insecurity and pain can be exterminated, then we can have the courage to relax with the groundlessness of our situation. This is the first step on the path."
~ Pema Chodron

"The thing about perfection is that it's unknowable. It's impossible, but it's also right in front of us all the time."
~ TRON:Legacy

"Hold your own, know your name, go your own way. And everything will be fine."
~Jason Mraz, Details in the Fabric

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for leaving me some comment love!