Friday, May 20, 2011

SHHHhhhhhhhh......


There is an old spiritual saying: "Be in the world but not of it". It can be found in everything from the Bible to the writings of the Sufi poets. What does it mean exactly? The phrase has been translated and explained countless times.

All that I know is this: When I think I'm "of the world", I'm all wrapped up in the noise, the stress, the pain, the misery and the general not fun nature of doing, running, going all the time. It's exhausting.

When I realize that I can just BE... in the world... but that it's not my true nature to be noisy, stressed, in pain and misery and that when I choose peace, calm, and stillness, I smile more. Life is fun. My head stops spinning.

Don't you sometimes want the world to just SHHHHHHHHHHHHhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh?

I'm heading out to a beautiful retreat center to simply BE. Be with nature. Be with my quiet mind. Be with my yoga. Be with kindness to my soul and body.

I'm looking forward to the silence.

What ways do YOU find to quiet the noise of the world?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for leaving me some comment love!