- If you'll recall, I was fighting an illness last week that had me down for the count. Because it was the end of year at work and the holidays, I didn't have much time to rest. Now, due to a tired immune system, I'm ill with a sinus infection. I literally feel like I'm floating outside of my body. That feeling isn't conducive with the amount of business I still have to finish before the end of the year. I've been keeping up with my wellness arsenal... but could still use more downtime.
- Even though my children were downright mean to each other on Christmas Eve morning, and after Mommy threatened to keep Santa far, FAR away.... that evening and Christmas morning was pretty wonderful. We were able to see friends and family, open gifts and have a nice meal before their father picked them up mid-day on Christmas. I was completely spent when they left and yet the house still felt really sad after they were gone. I guess I get used to the chaos and miss it when it's quiet.
- Christmas night, I slept for 12 hours. Um... guess I needed it.
- My mom bought me a Vitamix for Christmas. I seriously plan to add even more whole foods to my diet with this thing. Do you know I can make soup AND heat it up in this thing? Dude. If I could marry it, I would.
- My man is coming to see me for my birthday and through New Year's. I'm so excited to have him here to celebrate with me. We won't have too big of a New Year's Eve, though, because I'll have the kids starting that afternoon. Until then though, and when I start to feeling better, HUBBA HUBBA. At least we'll have semi-alone time until then. His teen son can entertain himself.
- My youngest daughter is having a birthday next month too. She's asking that her party guests donate money to a charity instead of gifts. Proud. Mommy. Moment.
- I'm very excited that my Saints won the NFC South last night and Drew Brees clinched an unbelievable passing yards season record. It was an inspired moment to watch. And he's such a good guy!
- I have a feeling that 2012 is going to be a busy year filled with much greatness. When I can think more clearly, I'll write about it.
|My girls & I snuggled up on Christmas Eve|
|Looks sooo comfy|
|Best Smoothies Ever!|
|They want to make a better world.|